Work for PLuS Alliance Engineering.
The PLuS Alliance partners are working to set up a new engineering education initiative in London with an innovative curriculum and an expectation of significant growth over time. This is an exciting time to join the emerging project team and to take a significant role in the shape and direction of its activities.
The plan for this development is at an early stage, developing feasibility and working towards the submission of Office for Students (OfS) registration.
There are several academic and non-academic opportunities within the project team – for more information on any of the roles, please contact Helen Merrills – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The role of the Deputy Dean is hugely significant for the project as the post holder will have lead responsibility for the curriculum and pedagogy. The Deputy Dean will manage all aspects of the academic operations, including professional accreditation, curriculum development, establishing effective learning outcomes and graduate attributes. The individual will be a passionate academic educator with a desire make a difference to the future of engineering education. The framework for the curriculum has been developed on a model involving the majority of learning outcomes delivered through real-world projects, supplemented by just-in-time online learning modules.
This role is part of the Leadership Team for PLuS Engineering initiative, which will be set up as a separate Charity in the UK, operating in London. This is an exciting time to join the emerging project team and to take a significant lead in the shape and direction of its activities.
Senior Lecturers and Lecturers
We are searching for engineering academics who will work closely with the Deputy Dean on the development of the curriculum and pedagogy. These roles are great opportunities for individual who want to shape the implementation of the PLuS Engineering curriculum and to participate in:
• the development of an innovative and contemporary engineering and design curriculum with appropriate use of project based and technology enhanced learning.
• the process that ensures that the curriculum results in the graduate outcomes required for professional accreditation
• co-ordination and implementation of academic standards in the development of the new curriculum
• appropriate frameworks to attain high academic standards
• the development of assessment techniques that are based on appropriate graduate outcomes
• the development of alternate pathways and pathway arrangements for diverse students
• the monitoring and reporting on performance in teaching and learning to ensure continual improvement
• benchmarking the new curriculum with engineering offerings across the world
• work with the Founding Lead and Deputy Dean on new initiatives
These positions are available as full-time appointments or as 20% appointments (6-week projects) to allow for academics wishing to retain their existing affiliations and to enhance collaboration.
To work as part of the developing PLuS Engineering Executive team to secure:
The overall project to time/ launch and budget.
An efficient and professional HR support for the establishment of efficient and effective HR advice and operations
A culture of support, engagement, learning, innovation and support for both students and staff.
A highly reputable and motivated project and early delivery team.
To shape the PLuS Engineering HR Service and to provide, as part of a small project team
All aspects of the establishment as an employer including compensation and benefit design, recruitment and terms and conditions of employment, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and policies
Develop terms and conditions for staff
Undertaken as a project the design and implementation of suitable pension arrangements for academic and non-academic staff
Devise HR policies to ensure compliance with employment law and best practice
Develop effective systems to support people management processes and policies
Develop and implement effective systems to support competitive recruitment processes and onboarding of new staff
Build effective working relationships with colleagues, employees, trustees and external parties